I want to share with a major key (S/O to DJ Khaled): WATER.
Water is so important:
- “When you don’t have enough water, dehydration comes out to play. When you’re dehydrated you’ll experience dry mouth, low blood pressure, headaches, dizziness, dry skin, and worst of all, fatigue.”
- “Water serves as a lubricant in digestion and almost all other body processes. The water in our saliva helps facilitate chewing and swallowing, ensuring that food will slide easily down the esophagus.”
- “Water also lubricates our joints and cartilages and allows them to (pardon the pun) move more fluidly. When dehydrated, the body rations water away from the joints. Less lubrication equals greater friction and that can cause joint, knee and back pain potentially leading to injuries and arthritis.”
- “The movement of water within our cellular systems transports vital blood plasma which is 92% made of water. Blood plasma play a critical role in buffering the body’s pH, circulating antibodies from the immune system, and regulating osmotic balance which all helps to maintain proper body temperature.”
However, did you know what can help you lose weight?
- Drinking water increases the amount of calories you burn
- Drinking water before meals may reduce appetite, thus decreasing calorie intake, leading to weight loss
- Drinking water may also help prevent long-term weight gain
- More Info -> http://time.com/4011532/water-weight-loss/
But if you are anything like me, I have a really hard time drinking water. So here are some cool tips that help me remember or “sneak” it in:
I purchased this awesome water bottle from Ogorgeous.com. I love it because I can track how much I am drinking by timeframe. It’s sort of like a challenge..then, DO IT AGAIN! 🙂
There’s also the “Water Your Body” app (available for Android and iPhone). This is a “personal hydration coach”:
* Sends alerts/alarms when it’s time to drink
*Provide Facts & Tips
*Tracks your consumption and more!
Of course, there are other apps like waterlogged; this is just my favorite.
Eat Your Water: Plot Twist – Food has water in it too! Here are some of the fruits and veggies with the highest water content:
- Bell Peppers
Make a water bet: Gather up friends and family, and challenge them to an agreed upon goal. You can keep track of progress through a shared calendar.
Eat something spicy. I know, I know…it’s torture but NOTHING makes you love water more than when your mouth is in FLAMES!
I hope this helps! Get Your Water On!
Until next time…